Thursday, April 15, 2010

Landscape Photography

Landscape one of the most popular subject in photography, for me I’m enjoying travelling(even though it’s tiring) because it’s good for photography. Even in couple of hours after doing some works, it’s worth it. Last Friday I went to Johor Bahru for marketing program for my college.I just got a couple of hours ( 6.30 pm to 9.00 pm) time for a photo session with my friend, Mr. Hamzah Hambali around Danga Bay area. Even in a tight schedule, I’ve a got a couple of photo that I’m really satisfied. In landscape photography there are couple of rules that we mustn’t forget and this is a couple of tips from me to shared with you.

Choices of lens – for this session, I’m using my humble Nikkor AF-S 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 VR for wide angle view( not as wide as Tokina 11-16 or Tamron 12-24) but enough to get a very good wide angle photo.

Tripod – In this case, I’m forget to bring my tripod, just using my camera bag to get a steady position (almost like a bean bag I think...hah....) to ensure sharpness, especially in low-light conditions.

Shooting in “golden hours” – There are not quite right timing for the golden hours, depending on where you’re for example :- the right timing in Malaysia is around 6.30 pm to 7.30 pm and it’s vary in other continent.

Setting – The normal approach in to ensure a good photo is using smallest aperture setting to get a maximum “depth of field” and set to the lowest ISO as possible.

For a good photo, just wait for interesting lighting and timing to get a memorable photograph. Happy shooting.......peace.


















2 comments:

  1. cikgu cikgu, nak tnya nak carik lomo camera (minimo,holga etc) kt mna ea? sy dok area penang..


    ainconfuse90@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Rooms (Queensbay Mall, Penang) atau beli secara online http://www.theclickshop.net/tag/camera-shop/.harap info ini dapat membantu saudari - Lensfreak

    ReplyDelete

Quotes Of The Day

"We should think of a photographer as a Samurai who makes rituals, moves and gestures in order to develop his techniques and his instinct." - Alex Majoli